We are following the most recently issued Executive Order 79 regarding face masks.
Our water fountains will be now be open; HOWEVER students will need to bring their own water bottle to fill as we are not allowing students to drink directly from the fountain. Students bringing a water bottle with them will need to ensure tops are secure with first and last names clearly presented on them to prevent any mixing of bottles.
Hand Sanitizer + Soap
We will have hand sanitizer at our check-in entry and in each studio. Students may bring hand sanitizer in their dance bags to utilize. Hand soap and paper towels will be in each bathroom. Please go over hand-washing skills with your children.
Dance bags can no longer be stored at the dance studio. Please make sure your child's dance bag is labeled with their name. All bags will enter and exit each class with students.
Please make sure your child arrives in their dance attire with their hair pulled back neatly in a ponytail or bun (for our ladies) and out of the face (for our gentlemen).
Students may bring their cell phones into the studio with them. However, they are to remain in their dance bags on silent.
We require an emergency contact for ALL students. If your child enters and advises us that they don't feel well after classes have started, the emergency contact will be immediately called to pick up the student. We will utilize the back office area for children who are not feeling well and awaiting pick up from their emergency contact. This area will be sanitized immediately after the child departs.
Lobby + Bathroom
Our lobby and bathrooms are MINIMALLY open; HOWEVER, please know that these areas are small and narrow.
We are asking that social distancing remains in these spaces for the safety of our patrons.No lingering please; We understand families will want to come in and take a peek while their students are dancing but the space within our lobby and hallways to the studio/bathrooms are small and narrow, so we need to be cautious of the amount of people flowing through the building during classes and on the initial entry into the studio. In addition, we want to ensure our students are 100% focused on their teacher(s) during class time and learning new skills in independence and our goal is that SIM staff quickly builds trust with each child and parent as we move through this process.
You may come in and view classes briefly through our 2-way window at each studio door. Just remember that the students can still see and hear activity outside of the door through the 2-way window and it is important for our teachers to have their full attention. We will also have some chairs on our sidewalk and just a couple in our lobby so you can remain close by if you wish.
- Studio and Bathroom Floors will be mopped with a steam cleaner.
Touch points will be cleaned and sanitized. Identified touch points are as follows:
- Light switches
- Door knobs
- Ballet barres
- Bathrooms will be sanitized at touch points
- Trash will be removed daily and receptacles will be sanitized.
- Lobby and hallway floors will be vacuumed.
- Mirrors will be cleaned.
- Hallway walls will be sanitized daily.
- You will see a studio representative at the front door that will be checking in all students.
- A sign with the name of your child's class will be presented at the entry-way once they are being accepted for the check-in process. Please remain in your car until you see your child's class sign.
- There will be clear markers in front of the dance studio with a place for dancers & a parent to stand with them.
- At this time, all children under the age of 10 will be REQUIRED to check-in with an adult. Do NOT leave your child until they have been checked in. Once they are in the studio, feel free to run errands, etc.
- If a student is not feeling well, please have them stay home.
- Students should arrive in proper attire for class with their hair done.
In Class Procedures
- Students will enter the building & be escorted to their classroom with the check-in staff member or teacher.
- Teachers will help students change shoes; if needed.
- At the end of class, students will walk with their teacher to the check-in markers & sidewalk for pick-up.
- Please make sure you are on-time to pick up your student.
- Teachers will be bringing the class back to the check-in markers for pick-up.
- An adult will be REQUIRED to meet the child at their check-in marker to pick them up from the studio. We will not send children to your vehicle.