Our Company Member training is a curriculum that is focused towards the serious dancer and requires a great focus and commitment from both the dancer and their family. The Company Members are held to a high standard and in addition to their training they have extra performance opportunities throughout the year; including but not limited to competitions, conventions & other community-related performances.
We expose Company dancers to real-world dance experiences to prepare them for auditions beyond the studio and also give them resources to obtain information about dancing in college and/or the professional dance realm. The competitions are generally on the east coast and sometimes they are also able to take master classes from some of the industry’s best teachers at conventions. We believe that becoming a company dancer helps put students on a track for dance success at a faster pace of progress.
Company Member Requirements
- Required to take ballet, tap and jazz Level Classes as opposed to a combo class. Each company member receives 1 free elective class (Ex: hip hop, lyrical, musical theatre)
- Required to be at additional practices as scheduled (Usually includes a week day and Saturday)
- Participation in 3-4 competitions/conventions per year
- Participation in community events such as the parades, Virginia Dance Festival, Guest artist at Miracles in Motion’s recital and other performances.
This program is geared towards the younger dancer (ages 6-12 years) who desires to have more dance in their life, in addition to regular classes! This is the perfect group to audition for if your child(ren) are expressing interest in wanting to be a Company Member in the future.
- 2 local parades (will have the opportunity to dance specific parts with the SIM Dance Company members)
- 1 local competition in which 1 or 2 group routines will be performed at the recreational level
- 1 group dance in the SIM Winter Gala and Annual Spring Recital
- In-studio Convention
- Performance Troupe members will be required to take Ballet, Tap AND Jazz during the 2020-21 dance season. (Either a combo class or Level Classes)
- Practices will be 1 Saturday per month.